Deswik.Suite minimum and recommended specs
While there’s some basic underlying hardware requirements for Deswik.Suite to perform well, the hardware spec required for workstations / PCs / laptops can vary depending on your use case and data sizes.
If you’re at the stage of spec’ing new machines and have any questions, please contact email@example.com. One or more of our consultants should have an understanding of your data sizes and be able to provide suggested specs accordingly.
|Workstation Requirements for Deswik.Suite|
|Item||Minimum for Viewing & Drafting (1)||Minimum||Recommended||Huge Models (2)|
|Processor||Quad Core, 2.5Ghz+||Quad Core, 2.5Ghz+||Quad Core,
|Quad Core, 3.5Ghz+|
|Video Card (3)||Integrated||1GB Video Card||2GB Video Card||4GB Video Card|
|Display Resolution (4)||1920 x 1080|
|Hard Drive||SSD Hard Drive|
|Operating System (5)||64 Bit versions of Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10|
|.NET Framework||4.6.x or higher|
|Visual C++ runtime libraries||2010, 64-bit, version 10.0.30319 or higher
2012, 64-bit, version 11.0.61030 or higher
2013, 64-bit, version 12.0.21005 or higher
2015, 64-bit, version 14.0.23026 or higher
- Lower spec machines may be able to run Deswik.Suite for viewing and drafting purposes, however the size of the file / data being loaded will be the limitation on the minimum spec machine required
- Typically large open cut coal models
- A note on Video Cards
- Nvidia or ATI cards are supported BUT Nvidia cards are preferred and have proven to provide better performance with Deswik.Suite.
- Intel integrated graphics cards are supported on a “reasonable efforts” basis and only under the following conditions:
- The card is an Intel Skylake generation or higher card https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Graphics_Technology#Skylake
- The latest Intel graphics card drivers are installed
- The customer understands that integrated graphics cards will provide significantly poorer performance and may lack some functionality as opposed to a dedicated graphics card
- All video cards must support OpenGL 4.0+ and be running a driver not more than 1-year old.
- Please note additional GPU requirements for specific features are listed in the table Additional Specific GPU Requirements below
- Lower display resolutions may work, but some controls may not be visible in some configurations.
- Deswik follow the Microsoft Windows lifecycle for supported operating systems. At the time of writing, support for Windows 7 SP1 will end on January 14 2020 and any Windows 10 version below 1703 is unsupported. For further details please refer to this article. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet. Deswik recommend Windows 10 1803 or higher with up to date, vendor-approved drivers and BIOS.
|Additional Specific GPU Requirements|
|Feature||Graphics Hardware Requirements|
|Hardware-accelerated texture mapped images
(Optional feature enabled in Tools | Options that improves rendering of very large images)
|Support for OpenGL 4.6 and
e.g. Nvidia Quadro P-series, GTX 10-series, RTX-series, and newer cards
|Point Clouds (Adv. Survey)||Support for OpenGL 4.5|
|IT Infrastructure Requirements for Deswik.Suite|
Gigabit network (all links) from workstation to file server
File server to use SAS or SSD hard drives (not Near-line SAS or SATA)
|Server Requirements for Network Licensing Component – Based on 2019.1|
|Type||Physical or Virtual|
|Processor||Dual Core 2.5Ghz|
|Operating System||Windows 2012 R2 Server, or above (64 Bit only)|
|.NET Framework||4.6 or above|