We fully support our customers because our industry deserves better
Deswik offers a range of support and training offerings to help you get the best experience from your Deswik software purchase. Deswik has support and training locations around the world. You can reach us via phone, email or the web.
To phone or email us, please contact a Support Center in your region:
Deswik support personnel can use remote control tools to reduce the time to resolve your issues. If instructed by Deswik Support staff, please initiate a remote session by downloading and running this application. (Note administrator privileges on your computer are not required).
Deswik.vCAD and Deswik.vSched are free, standalone applications that are intended to improve communication of mine plans and schedules to stakeholders who receive outputs from the Deswik Suite. Unrestricted by licensing, both Deswik.vCAD and Deswik.vSched can be installed on any of the latest Windows systems ensuring that every stakeholder in your mine planning process has access to the latest mine schedule.
Both Deswik.vSched and Deswik.vCAD cannot be used to evaluate the capabilities of the full Deswik.Suite. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to evaluate Deswik.Suite or any of its components.
Deswik.Suite minimum and recommended specs
While there’s some basic underlying hardware requirements for Deswik.Suite to perform well, the hardware spec required for workstations / PCs / laptops can vary depending on your use case and data sizes.
|Minimum for Viewing and Drafting1||Minimum||Recommended||Huge Models2|
|Processor||Quad Core 2.5Ghz+||Quad Core 2.5Ghz+||Quad Core 3Ghz||Quad Core 3.5Ghz+|
|Video Card (3)||Integrated||1GB Video Card||2GB Video Card||4GB Video Card|
|Display resolution (4)||1920 x 1080|
|Hard drive||SSD Hard Drive|
|Operating System (5)||64 Bit versions of Windows 8.1 or Windows 10|
|.NET Framework||4.6.x or higher|
|Visual C++ runtime libraries||2010, 64-bit, version 10.0.30319 or higher. 2012, 64-bit, version 11.0.61030 or higher. 2013, 64-bit, version 12.0.21005 or higher. 2015, 64-bit, version 14.0.23026 or higher.|
Workstation requirements detail
1. Lower spec machines may be able to run Deswik.Suite for viewing and drafting purposes, however the size of the file / data being loaded will be the limitation on the minimum spec machine required.
2. Typically large open cut coal models.
3. A note on Video Cards
- Nvidia or ATI cards are supported BUT Nvidia cards are preferred and have proven to provide better performance with Deswik.Suite.
- Intel integrated graphics cards are supported on a “reasonable efforts” basis and only under the following conditions:
i. The card is an Intel Skylake generation or higher card https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Graphics_Technology#Skylake
ii. The latest Intel graphics card drivers are installed
iii. The customer understands that integrated graphics cards will provide significantly poorer performance and may lack some functionality as opposed to a dedicated graphics card.
- All video cards must support OpenGL 4.0+ and be running a driver not more than 1-year old.
- Please note additional GPU requirements for specific features are listed in the table Additional Specific GPU Requirements.
4. Lower display resolutions may work, but some controls may not be visible in some configurations.
5. Deswik follow the Microsoft Windows lifecycle for supported operating systems. At the time of writing, support for Windows 7 SP1 will end on January 14 2020 and any Windows 10 version below 1703 is unsupported. For further details please refer to this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet. Deswik recommend Windows 10 1803 or higher with up to date, vendor-approved drivers and BIOS.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC GPU REQUIREMENTS
|Hardware-accelerated texture mapped images (Optional feature enabled in Tools | Options that improves rendering of very large images)||Support for OpenGL 4.6 and GL_ARB_sparse_texture2 extension e.g. Nvidia Quadro P-series, GTX 10-series, RTX-series, and newer cards|
|Point Clouds (Adv. Survey)||Support for OpenGL 4.5|
IT INFRASTRUCTURE REQUIREMENTS FOR DESWIK.SUITE
|Network||Gigabit network (all links) from workstation to file server|
|File Server||File server to use SAS or SSD hard drives (not Near-line SAS or SATA)|
SERVER REQUIREMENTS FOR NETWORK LICENSING COMPONENT – BASED ON 2019.1
|Type||Physical or Virtual|
|Processor||Dual Core 2.5Ghz|
|Operating System||Windows 2012 R2 Server, or above (64 Bit only)|
|.NET Framework||4.6 or above|