The Scheduling Team continues to improve the speed and performance of resource leveling. This quarter, we take a retrospective look at one of our clients’ schedule since it first arrived at Deswik in March 2012. It has not been a smooth ride, as its almanac suggests, but a leveling speed increase of over 10,000% (from 1,205 to 11 seconds) with no over-allocations is a significant achievement.
Chart showing the schedule leveling times in seconds / by release
The schedule’s almanac
- 29/03/2012 8:18 AM First schedule arrives – doesn’t finish leveling
- 12/04/2012 1:41 PM Schedule over allocations (V2.0.3912)
- 06/09/2012 10:22 AM First leveled instance with no over allocations
- 02/10/2012 11:18 AM Client reports gaps (under allocations) in Schedule V3.0
- 05/10/2012 11:18 AM Under allocations in Schedule V3.0
- 08/05/2013 14:24 AM First schedule added to our automated test system V3.3.844
Did you know? Deswik.Sched has an automated test system which baselines submitted schedules with each update, to track long-term trends in resource leveling performance.