Equipment Selection and Optimization
Optimal equipment selection is essential for efficient mining. Deswik deliver equipment selection scenarios that model the entire process. We implement the planning detail needed to understand all interactions and ensure that selection of any single-point solution does not create or transfer bottlenecks up or down the value chain.
We produce mine plans that consider and combine all mining methods with a focus on understanding interactions, rather than considering the mining method or equipment of interest in isolation.
- Surface mining operations should consider production plans containing any combination of excavators, shovels, trucks, IPCC, BWE, surface miners or draglines.
- For underground metals operations studies should explore different extraction methods as geology and geotechnical conditions across the deposit vary.
- Underground coal needs to balance development rates against longwall production, making the right choice on longwall height, block widths and investigating LTCC options.
- For both metals and coal this might entail delivering a combined surface and underground ‘whole of mine’ plan including material blending requirements for saleable product.
- By creating scenarios that capture all mining interactions, we optimize your equipment selection and extraction approach, providing confidence that decisions are made on a total value basis.